SF Batracers Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spa Italia

3 posters

Go down

Spa Italia Empty Spa Italia

Post  duijvenbode Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Hey all,

Last weekend was Spa Italia in belgium at the Spa-Francorchamps F1 circuit.

A 2 day event with only Italian cars around you SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile me love italian cars;)

In this event is every year overthere and this year me and a buddy of mine where planning to go only his car was for repair at the garage. some parts of the chassis were pretty damaged so that had to be repaired before we could go to Spa because we wanted to drive over the circuit with his car. So friday night at 10 pm the garage finished the work on the car for us so we were happy and drove home with it and give a little test:)SmileWink We packed our stuff and left saturday morning at 6.00 am to Spa. Everything was set and good.

Until we were for 2,5 km from the circuit after a 2,5 hour drive it happend. a big piece of wood was lying on the freeway. we were going 150 km/ph so not able to avoid it. my buddy who was driving decided to go over it in the middle of the car. the piece of wood was to big SadSad it hits the bottom of the car and with it breaking the sump under it. immediatly the car to the side. That was the end of the idea of driving around Spa and to take L'eau Rouge SadSad

After a couple hours a friend of us showed up ( he was already there) and brought us to Spa. Once there we called some garages but none of them had a spare sump in their shelves. DAMNIT. now we were stuck in Spa with a broken car and no spare parts to get it fixed. We where forced to stay there for 2 nights. This morning finaly a sump was found and was fitted back in place. Some new oil in it and ready to start.

first fingercrossing that nothing inside was damaged (crackshaft and such). It started immediatly and was sounding like a true Bella again.SmileSmileSmile

finaly we could go home. I missed some things i believe but i was glad that i asked AB and Brent Edwards and Ben Steward to keep an eye on my accounts for 1 day. It was meant to be to go home at saturday but no. But when i logged in today i saw they also did the runs for me on sunday. Super!! SmileSmile Thanks for that all 3 !!!!!!

But as we were stuck in Spa we went for both days to the circuit. It was a very awesome weekend if you don't count the car with it. Have seen for millions and millions of euro's worth on cars. All kind of Italians where there.
some cars spinnend on the track and ended in the wall or tyres. (No one was hurt during) but it was cool to see how someone can make some big mistakes on the tracks while cornering. (think they played GT4 on the PS2 gheghe Twisted Evil )

here some foto's:
Spa Italia Dsc00010
Spa Italia Dsc00011
Spa Italia Dsc00012
Spa Italia Dsc00014
Spa Italia Dsc00017
Spa Italia Dsc00018
Spa Italia Dsc00019
Spa Italia Dsc00020
Spa Italia Dsc04810
Spa Italia Dsc04811
Spa Italia Dsc04812
Spa Italia Dsc04813
Spa Italia Dsc04814
Spa Italia Dsc04815
Spa Italia Dsc04816
Spa Italia Dsc04817
Spa Italia Dsc04818
Spa Italia Dsc04819

a piece of the famous L'eau Rouge:
Spa Italia Dsc00013
duijvenbode
duijvenbode

Back to top Go down

Spa Italia Empty Re: Spa Italia

Post  bfry Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 pm

hey Paul . Thanks for the pictures and story. sorry about the car but i guess all's well now.
looks like a woderful place
bfry
bfry

http://divinedelights.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duijvenbode Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:59 am

thanks Bill

here is a picture of the sump under the car that has been damaged. not a nice picture when you love cars SadSadSad

Spa Italia Dsc00110
Spa Italia Dsc00111
duijvenbode
duijvenbode

Back to top Go down

Post  bfry Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 am

very complete job you guys did there. I'm surprised you could find a replacement so quickly. lucky i suspect.
bfry
bfry

http://divinedelights.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duijvenbode Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 am

yeah very lucky and having enough money to buy: was 350 euros. about 500 dollar. and for 100 euros new oil
duijvenbode
duijvenbode

Back to top Go down

Post  chrish Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:49 am

The first picture is epic!
I love scenery like that Smile
chrish
chrish
Admin

http://myspace.com/louisesmells

Back to top Go down